Venture Southland offers support, advice and assistance for businesses who are looking to take their operation to the next level.
Whether you are looking to increase your knowledge, improve business processes, or create a new product or service, there are a range of free services offered by Venture Southland that can help.
As the Regional Business Partner, Venture Southland is able to offer New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) Capability Development vouchers. The vouchers can co-fund up to 50% of the cost of training offered by registered providers for up to a maximum of $5,000 per year, per business.
Businesses that are GST registered are eligible to access NZTE Capability Development Vouchers. There is a wide range of training, workshops, courses and coaching that the vouchers can be used for, all of which will help to build management capabilities and drive business success. NZTE voucher funding is available each year.
There are a number of areas within your business that you can get assistance for including;
- Business planning
- Business systems
- Business sustainability and capital raising
- Lean manufacturing / business operations
- Managing resources and marketing
For more information, including eligibility criteria
Business Mentor Programme
Business Mentors NZ is a national charity which supports small Kiwi businesses by providing 12 months of confidential one-on-one advice for owners of small and medium-sized businesses. Business Mentors NZ also partners with Dairy NZ and the Rural Business Network to provide rural business mentors. It is a great opportunity to be guided and inspired by someone that is experienced and successful in the rural sector.
A business mentor can be an invaluable support for business owners at any stage of their business journey, whether they are working through a particular challenge or looking to take their business to the next level. The mentors are all experienced volunteers who share their knowledge, offer guidance and bring a fresh perspective for their clients.
There is a one-off registration cost of $225. To find out more abut Business MentorsGo to Business Mentors
For the Rural Business Network business mentors
Go to Rural Business Network
Support to accessing research and development funding
Supporting research and development is a strategic priority of the Government and therefore funding is available from Callaghan Innovation to cover 30% – 50% of costs for projects, which have the following characteristics:
- Technical stretch – They address a currently unsolved problem, where no off-the-peg or design and build solution is available. The project needs to be outside the day-to-day scope of your business operations, requiring outside expertise to complete.
- Return on investment and spill-over benefits – Government investment in the project will result in considerable benefits to your business, the industry and New Zealand, which would not have been possible or very difficult to achieve, without the investment.
- Capacity to deliver – The business running the project can show their financial and technical ability to deliver the project
- Pathway to market – The business has a clear plan to commercialise and bring the product to market.
If you have an idea for an research and development project then it’s a good idea to talk to us about it early. Research and development funding is not available retrospectively and there is no funding for commercialisation or marketing, only for the research and development element of the project.
Venture Southland can help you understand the application process and put together your proposal to access funding for training to build your skills and experience.
For more information visit