Destination Fiordland is the Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) responsible for marketing the Fiordland area including the townships of Te Anau and Manapouri as well as the scenic icons of Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound.
Destination Fiordland receives operational funding from Venture Southland in addition to funding from the Te Anau Community Board and subscriptions from its members. It works alongside Venture Southland, as the other RTO for the Southland region to engage, and maintain relationships with key players in the tourism industry.
Destination Fiordland can provide the following resources:
- Fact Sheets for Accommodation, Activities, Fiords, Milford Road and Walking and Hiking
- Fiordland Visitor Guide
- Fiordland Generic Brochure
- Advice & assistance on the area, including other relevant local contacts in the travel industry
- Southern Scenic Route brochure
- Eating Out Guide for Fiordland