In response to the implementation of the Southland Regional Labour Market Strategy, Venture Southland has secured a two year contract to deliver the Regional Skills Matching and Job Search Assistance Programme.
The Regional Skills Matching and Job Search Assistance programme is part of an overarching migrant settlement and integration strategy aimed at helping migrants make Southland their home, participate fully in the community and contribute to all aspects of New Zealand life.
The key focus of the programme is:
- Identifying and matching job-seeking migrants from the Priority Migrant Target Groups with employers who are seeking staff in roles that cannot be filled by New Zealanders
- Developing and maintaining strong and credible relationships with a network of employers that require skilled staff
- Providing employers with advice and support for retaining skilled migrants (including the utilisation of the Ministry’s resources on working with and retaining migrant employees)
- Participating in local settlement networks and Settlement-related events facilitated by the Ministry
- Promoting the programme to:
- Prospective clients from the Priority Migrant Target Groups
- Employers that may want to employ the skills of job-seeking migrants to build their business or organisation in roles that cannot be filled by New Zealanders
- Key newcomer employment support and settlement agencies in Southland region
- To survey employers to monitor their perceptions towards the efforts of their newcomer employees