Carbon Neutral Advantage is an exciting three-year project aimed at transitioning Southland to a low emission region.
The project is being coordinated by Venture Southland who will work alongside the local steering group, Southland businesses, councils, and the wider community to support the adoption of low emission technologies and techniques in the Southland region.
The project is being funded by the Ministry for the Environment and the Tindall Foundation and will help create a competitive advantage and healthy environment for current and future generations.
More information on Carbon Neutral Advantage can be found here
- Support businesses and communities to transition to a low-emission environment
- Establish a regional greenhouse gas emission baseline
- Identify opportunities for emissions reductions and undertake collaborative projects
- Share learnings between businesses, industries and sectors
- Investigate feasbility of regional carbon financial tool
- Make information available for other regions
- Lower carbon and methane emissions
- Business competitiveness and process optimisation
- Cleaner air and healthy communities
- Reduced waste and cleaner water
- Lower emission integrated transport options and safer roads
- Warm, dry, affordable and healthy homes